Last Updated: 24 May 2018
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through the Infamy website, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice.
What personal information does Infamy collect about customers?
We collect your personal information to provide and continually improve our products and services.
- Information you provide - we receive and store any information you provide in relation to Infamy services (primarily through placing store orders). You can choose not to provide certain information but this may impede the services Infamy can provide.
How does Infamy process personal information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Infamy services. This includes:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services - we use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Infamy services - we use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of Infamy services.
- Communicate with you - we use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Infamy services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Fraud prevention - we process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers and Infamy services.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent - we may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
Does Infamy share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business but for the improvement of Infamy services. Infamy shares customers' information only as described below.
- Third party service providers - we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing payments, transmitting content, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business transfers - as we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Infamy Games Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Infamy and others - we release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, or protect the rights, property or safety of Infamy, our users or others.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How secure is your information?
We use systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission by using secure platforms, which encrypt information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
It is possible Infamy services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Accessing your information
You can access your account information, including your name, address, payment options, and purchase history by logging into your account. If you also use our loyalty program you can see the points accumulated and how.
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please get in touch through our contact form.
If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Infamy services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you.
For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
Contacts, notices and revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Infamy or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Further, the data protection officer for the above mentioned data controllers can be contacted at email@example.com.
Examples of information collected
You provide information to us when you use Infamy services to:
- search for products or services
- place an order
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application on a device
- provide information in your account/s
- configure your settings
- communicate with us by phone, email, contact form or otherwise
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form
- compile Wish Lists or gift registries
- Participate in community features, provide and rate Customer Reviews
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched; email addresses; content of reviews and emails to us; information and documents regarding identity and standing; corporate and financial information; credit history information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- login; email address; password
- the location of your device or computer
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Infamy services include:
- status of recent orders
- your complete order history
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password)
- payment settings (including payment card information and gift voucher balances)
- email notification settings (including newsletters)
- shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists)
- Your Profile (including your personal profile)